98 The Beach

98 The Beach

Monday, November 5, 2018

Owen Sound Police Kept Busy Saturday Night

Owen Sound | by Claire McCormack  

Police were called to numerous alcohol fueled incidents.

Owen Sound Police were kept busy downtown Saturday night.

Police dealt with multiple liquor related incidents.

Just after 7 in the evening, police were called to a 2nd Avenue East bar in response to a report of two females causing a disturbance.

Two women in the bar were reportedly yelling at staff and refusing to leave.

Police arrested both women.

They say the pair had been refused further service of alcohol and began throwing bottles and screaming at the staff and other patrons.

A 47 year old Toronto female and a 47 year old Owen Sound woman were both charged with causing a disturbance.

Shortly after 10 p.m. police responded to the area of a 9th Street East establishment after a conflict between two men on the sidewalk.

Police arrived to find a 47 year old man lying on the ground with serious facial injuries.

He was transferred to hospital by EMS.

The suspect was arrested by police a short distance away.

The suspect had been refused service of alcohol because he was drunk and police say he subsequently assaulted the victim on the sidewalk.

A 36 year old Brampton man, was charged with assault causing bodily harm and breach of probation.

Later, two Owen Sound men were arrested after a disturbance in the area of 8th Street East and 3rd Avenue East shortly after 2 a.m.

Police say they had been warned by police after loitering around an 8th Street East bar and causing a disturbance by shouting and challenging others to a fight.

Police say they later began to fight and scream in a nearby parking lot.

The two Owen Sound men aged 19 and 20 years were charged with causing a disturbance.

Less than 30 minutes later police were in the area of another 2nd Avenue East establishment when a disturbance broke out involving multiple patrons of the bar.

A fight began inside then spilled out into the street.

Police were able to contain the situation and determined that criminal charges were not warranted.

While police were on scene the manager requested assistance in removing the rest of the patrons from the establishment which was done without further incident.



share this story

Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
© 2019 Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation

Web Site by Websmart Inc