98 The Beach

98 The Beach


Friday, November 2, 2018

Portable Heater Could Have Started Blaze Near Oliphant

South Bruce Peninsula | by Travis Jackson  

The heater may have been too close to an upholstered chair, or the circuit may have overloaded, according to the Fire Investigator.

A portable heater may have been the cause of the fire on Tuesday that destroyed a home near Oliphant, according to Fire Investigator Mike Ross.

Ross says that they haven't determined exactly how the fire began. He says the heater may have been too close to an upholstered chair, or the circuit may have overloaded.

The Kimball-Renouf family remain in hospital in London as two members of the family are treated for rather serious burns, and another is receiving treatment for smoke inhalation. 

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family after they lost everything to the fire. We are told they did not have insurance, but thankfully, members of the community have shown their support by donating clothing, furniture, and household items.

Items are now being collected by Deb Diebel, a manager at the nearby Outdoor Education Centre.

Deb says that if you would like to help the family out, give her a call at 519-379-0864.
 

share this story



Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
© 2019 Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation

Web Site by Websmart Inc